Sunday, July 31, 2011

Things to take down

Maybe I'm just in a contrary mood today, but I am considering a list of chemical things that are annoying me.
This order is the order that I think of them, not meant to indicate anything else.
#1-Chemical free anything. A particular offender of this is Burt's Bee's. If you have something to put in your tube, it has a chemical.
#2-100% pure, when we're talking about a combination product. This usually seems to mean "pure"="natural" I don't know. But unless we're talking a single thing, pure seems like the wrong choice here.
#3 hair oil advertised as "sulfate free". Because there are no surfactants there anyway. This is technically true, so it annoys me a little bit less.
#4 Trans fat free skim milk. Really? Once again with the technically true, but I dream of enough scientific literacy in our population that this isn't an effective advertising strategy

No comments:

Post a Comment