Sunday, February 7, 2010

Social weekend

So not a chemistry post. But haven't done much chemistry because this was a very social weekend. which is good.
Friday. well, okay, didn't do much Friday. I was a bit grumpy about social things, I will admit.
Saturday. Saturday was roller derby. I was awesome. really truly awesome. I had been really tempted to do this in Iowa. But by the time they had a team, I was dissertationing. Yes, I made up a word there. But didn't have time. Now, however, I can. am seriously tempted to try out in May. If I can get my gear act together in time, I will. However, these women are seriously hardcore. I think it will be take down or be taken down. fun.
Sunday was a pretty amazingly geeky day. it starts out with Firefly. sadly I couldn't stay for the whole marathon. but still. I love that show. and Christina Hendricks.
After that, we had people come over for dinner. tasty stir fry and miso soup. Iffy sushi. I've got to get a better knife. Then we started to play a Battlestar Galactica board game. Not enough time to really play long, but it was cheezy and perfect for fandom. Made my weekend. Now, if only it wasn't snowing all the time. I remember being told it didn't snow here as much as in Iowa. I think this is a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment