Saturday, February 6, 2010

Books

Books Books Books. As I'm sure most of those who have taken a chemistry class in college know, they can be expensive. Really expensive. but really useful. I've got a shelf and a half or so of simply chemistry textbooks. Many of them are useful-I don't have to remember the periodic table if I can look it up, and that helps. But I'm not sure that all of them are helpful. I mean, am I going to need to do the proofs that I did in physical chemistry class ever again? I really hope not. I trust the laws of thermodynamics. really.
But which ones do I get rid of? How many $150 books can one get rid of? and it's not like I can resell them, of course there are new editions now. I wasn't taking organic chem that recently. And yet, I like the idea of having a bunch of knowledge at my fingertips. If I had a job I'd buy a lot more detailed and specialized textbooks. It's not like I don't have space to store them. and I do need something to make me feel like a chemist. So perhaps the books stay for now.
what do you do with old books? am I the only one that keeps them? Is it different for books and class work?(I don't keep that at all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment